Clinical Nurse - RN, Telemetry 2N, SGH
Job ID: 102796 Date posted: June 26, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Telemetry 2N
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
2-North Innovations Unit is a 20-bed Progressive Care Unit. This unit cares for general medical patient population. We are looking for dynamic health care professionals that thrive on change and want to be on a team that has been given the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of improving the patient experience and outcomes of care through the exploration and adoption of new technologies, care delivery processes and supplies used in patient care. If you are self-motivated and love turning challenges into accomplishments, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 528 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a nationally recognized as a MAGNET designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the 'gold standard' for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse RN, Registered Nurse PCU, Progressive Care, Telemetry, Medical, Innovations
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour day shift: 7:00am-7:30pm including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- EKG interpretation experience
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole