Clinical Nurse - RN, Telemetry 3S, SGH
Job ID: 95133 Date posted: April 13, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Telemetry 3S
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Outpatient Observation unit is 43 beds between 2 units: 3-North and 3-South share the patient population of short stay telemetry/medical/ with outpatient orders. The opportunity to work in collaboration with the Emergency Department, provide care that is focused on limited diagnoses and treatment within a short timeframe requires staff that are motivated to learn, able to prioritize care and attend the needs of the patients.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Telemetry, Progressive Care, Cardiac, Observation, Short Stay
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour day shift: 7:00am-7:30pm including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent RN experience
- EKG interpretation experience
- Good communication skills with a focus on quality patient care
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
- One year recent Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry RN experience in an Acute Care setting
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole