Clinical Nurse - RN, Telemetry 4E, SGH
Job ID: 106342 Date posted: November 18, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Telemetry 4E
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
4-East is a 37-bed Surgical-Cardiac Progressive Care Unit. We are a dynamic group of nurses and medical professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality of care and respect to a culturally diverse patient population with the use of evidence-based practice. We care for patients with a variety illnesses, which include congestive heart failure, renal failure and respiratory disease processes that require cardiac monitoring. We are the specialty floor for CAPD, peripheral ultrafiltration (PUF) , hemodialysis and surgical flap for reconstructive surgery. The teamwork on our unit is achieved through a diverse staff, which includes new graduates as well as staff that have over 30 years of experience. The leadership team is dedicated to mentoring staff to achieve their professional goals, fostering collegial physician/nurse relationship and supporting the staff to achieve positive patient experiences. 4-East PCU has received the Gold Beacon Award for Excellence which is a designation conferred by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) to Progressive Care Units demonstrating clinical excellence.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, Progressive Care, PCU, Tele, cardiac, telemetry, Respiratory, Diaylsis, CHF, Congestive Heart Failure, Gold Beacon Award
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- EKG interpretation experience
- Positive attitude, team player, and good communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole