Clinical Nurse - RN Transition In Practice/Emergency Department/Sharp Grossmont Hospital/Full-time /Days /$2500 Relocation Bonus for New Hires Only/$2500Employee Referral Bonus (Evergreen)
- Grossmont Hospital
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
We are Sharp
Our Mission and Values
At Sharp, our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We aim to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients’ expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
We have a vision to transform the health care experience through a culture of caring, quality, safety, service, innovation and excellence. Our goal is to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Our team members are the driving force behind our mission and vision. At Sharp, we’re focused on providing an environment that will meet the needs of both our patients and our employees. Our team members are encouraged to connect with their passions and recommit to the purpose of their work each day.
dental and more
Our flexible benefits include a choice of two HMO medical plans (both of which include vision), two PPO dental choices, flexible spending accounts, accident insurance, long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
holiday and sick leave
We offer one of the most generous plans among health care systems in San Diego, and new Sharp employees start with 25 days of paid time off in just the first year.
We focus on your overall well-being by giving you tools to improve both yourself and your life — mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. Our focus is on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
At Sharp, we understand that personal problems occasionally arise and you may need to seek outside professional advice. We’re here to help. Our employee assistance program helps employees develop and maintain a lifestyle that supports good health and productivity.
We’re proud to offer two retirement plans to match your needs. The Sharp$aver 401(a) plan matches your after-tax contributions and the 403(b) plan offers a long-term savings plan for pre-tax and Roth contributions with available loan and withdrawal provisions.
and tuition reimbursement
We support and encourage the growth and development of our employees through educational courses for credit in institutions of higher learning, continuing education programs (conferences, workshops, seminars) and specialty certification examinations.
perks and other benefits
Our employees are eligible to participate in several group voluntary benefit plans — including group legal, college savings, critical illness insurance, group auto and home insurance and pet insurance.
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$52.560 - $65.190 - $77.810
The stated pay scale reflects the range as defined by the collective bargaining agreement between Sharp HealthCare and Sharp Professional Nurses Network, United Nurses Associations of California/Union of Health Care Professionals, NUHHCE, AFSME, AFL-CIO. Placement within the range is based on years of RN experience.
Minimum of 12 months of recent acute care clinical nursing experience is required.
To provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families.
Applicant may be eligible for a Relocation Assistance of $2500 (external new hire only). Sharp current employee may be eligible for a $2,500 Employee Referral Bonus
Full-time; day shift 12-hour shift; including every other weekend. (0700 to 1930 work hours).
- Graduate of nursing school
- 1 year of recent clinical experience Acute Care clinical nurse experience
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - American Heart Association
- NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) - Various-Employee provides certificate
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients in more complex situations with some assistance and supervision. Demonstrates competency in all areas of the unit skills and some advanced skills. May teach some skills competencies. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the care team. May assume the responsibility of relief charge nurse and may assist with preceptorship/professional development of new nurses and students. Uses common equipment and medications safely in the practice setting and consults others when unfamiliar. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload; confident management of emergency situations. Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards. Demonstrates professional behavior through participation in unit activities and committees as appropriate. Delegates/assigns and communicates expectations for care delivery processes to each member of the team. Teaches skills as necessary. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the nursing staff. Utilizes a variety of teaching/coaching strategies to assist family through disease process/experience. Promotes clinical effectiveness, efficient use of resources, and quality care in practice setting. Transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice. Demonstrates complex problem solving and the use of critical thinking skills.
This is a training program for experienced acute care nurses interested in transitioning to the Emergency Department.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Emergency Room department is one of the most technologically advanced of its kind. We are the busiest community emergency department in San Diego County seeing approximately 110,000 patients a year treating a diverse population. We have been designated by the county as a STEMI center, due to implementation of new cardiac protocols meeting county and national guidelines for treating acute MI patients. Additionally, we have achieved Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center status due to our focus on providing expeditious diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients. We are a level 1, gold accredited Geriatric ED. We have a helipad that receives patients with medical emergencies, such as snake bites, heat stroke, and heart attacks, from our rural catchment area. Currently, we run 43 acute care beds 24 hours a day, plus 21 minor care and observation beds that are open during high volume hours. In addition, we have a designated area of our emergency department focused on psychiatric care in partnership with our behavioral health unit. Opportunities for growth include MICN, advanced clinician and clinical lead.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class.ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - American Heart Association; NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) - Various-Employee provides certificate; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association; California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community