Clinical Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 73872 Date posted 05/27/2016
Requisition ID: 73872
- Facility: Sharp HospiceCare
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Hospice Skilled Nursing
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shifts, Full-time, 8:00am - 5:00pm, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years recent acute care hospital RN experience with progressive responsibilities
- Strong nursing skills, excellent time management, strong team player, strong communication skills, flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of nursing process
- Strong intermediate keyboarding and computer skills
- Will be working closely with patients and families at end of life
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to "make a difference"
- Fluent knowledge of English, both verbal and written
- Ability to navigate San Diego County
- Desire to work with end-of-life care
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Hospice experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
In the role as a hospice visiting nurse, the CN-RN will perform physical assessments, develop the plan of care, obtain physician orders and be the primary resource for your patients. The CN-RN will be able to support family unit and effectively communicate changes in patient status as they occur. The CN-RN will provide an ongoing application of the nursing process, through an interdisciplinary approach, promoting effective end-of-life palliative care. The CN-RN will have the opportunity to be the nurse in charge of the plan of care from admission through the end of life journey. With a nursing focused model, the CN-RN will have the opportunity to coordinate with health care providers across the continuum of care.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro, and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes - staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses - provide a comfortable and supportive environment.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, RN, Hospice