This position is located at BonitaView Home in Bonita in San Diego County
12 hour Night shift, 7:00pm-7:30am, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years' recent acute care hospital experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Certified Hospice Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN)
- Hospice inpatient experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Clinical Nurse - RN performs assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of pain and symptom management and provides care at end of life. The CN-RN collaborates with hospice IDT to ensure effective and safe patient care is implemented. The CN-RN works in highly autonomous environment, and provides nursing and supportive care to patients and their families during end of life in our 6 bed, general inpatient hospice home.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes - staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses - provide a comfortable and supportive environment for up to four patients at one time in each home.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, RN, Hospice, BonitaView, Bonita