Clinical Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77489 Date posted 11/30/2016
Requisition ID: 77489
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Telemetry 5W
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour day shift: 7:00am-7:30pm including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- EKG interpretation experience
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
- PCCN certification
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
45-bed Progressive Care Unit shared between 5-West (33-beds) and 2-South (12-beds) whose patient population includes post open heart surgery patients, valve surgery, as well as other cardiac surgery patients. We also provide care to pulmonary and all stable (trach) vent patients. Specialized training is provided for ventilators and epicardial pacing skills when you join our team!
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a nationally recognized as a MAGNET designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the 'gold standard' for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse RN, Registered Nurse PCU, Progressive Care, Telemetry, PCCN, IMCU, DOU, Step-down, Vents, Cardiac, CABG