Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, NICU, SGHJob ID 85305 Date posted 01/10/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: NICU
- Category: Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
Relocation assistance may be available up to $2,500 per Sharp Policy and Procedure.
Employee Referral Bonus of $1,000 for eligible Sharp employees
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, but hours may vary depending upon needs of the department. Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- Current NRP certification
- Minimum of (3) three years clinical experience in neonatal nursing care, at least one which shall have been in a facility with an NICU that is equivalent to a Regional or Community NICU.
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (NICU) that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Current certification in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing from a nationally recognized accrediting organization, i.e., the NCC
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
This Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) position is part of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). The NICU CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS. The CNS serves three primary clients: patient/family, nursing staff and organization.
CNS positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families. The Sharp Grossmont NICU is a Level III-A level of acuity; taking care of newborns 28 weeks and above.
Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press Ganey, The Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants. Our level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 24-beds allowing for specialized stabilization and management of high-risk and premature infants; recently expanded services include medical management of infants requiring ventilator support.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 85305, 83343, Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs, CNS Jos, Educator Jobs, Registered Nurse Jobs, NICU Nursing Jobs, Neonatal Nursing Jobs, RN Jobs, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Nursing Jobs, San Diego Nursing Jobs