Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, Nursing Administration, SGHJob ID 85998 Date posted 02/08/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Category: Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Full Time 8-Hour Variable Day Shift; Weekends as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- RN clinical experience in specialty area
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Certification in specialty area of practice
The CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS.
The CNS will assist with the clinical side of Regulatory Affairs and needs to be knowledgeable about Accreditation Standards and Federal and State requirements and regulations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and providing education and assisting in reporting and responding to regulatory agencies. The CNS is a liaison on issues related to regulatory compliance and will work with appropriate departmental individuals and sponsors for follow-through. The CNS recommends and develops policies and procedures needed to meet requirements in areas of responsibility.
Clinical Nurse Specialist positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 85998, Clinical Nurse Specialist, CNS, Registered Nurse, Educator, RN, MSN, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Nursing Jobs, San Diego, RN Jobs, San Diego Jobs, SGH, Sharp Healthcare Jobs, Hospital Jobs, Nurse Educator, RN Educator, Clinical Nurse Jobs