Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, Physical Rehab, SGH
Job ID: 109700 Date posted: May 05, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Physical Rehab
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will support the Transitional Care (TCU), Rehab and one Medical unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). The CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse with Clinical Nurse Certificate who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS.
Clinical Nurse Specialist positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families.
Physical Rehab is a 30 bed Inpatient Acute Physical Rehabilitation and Medical/Surgical Unit serving a variety of patient populations including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, multi medical diagnosis patients and some surgical patients. Grossmont Rehabilitation Center is nationally recognized by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s rehabilitation program offers a wide range of services that allows patients who have had a catastrophic injury or disabling illness to more easily return to their highest level of independence. For more than 40 years, Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Rehabilitation Center has helped San Diegans regain the physical strength and independence that is sometimes lost after illness or injury. Sharp Grossmont has earned a Comprehensive Stroke Center Designation. This is the highest designation for stroke care by The Joint Commission and places Sharp Grossmont among an elite group of hospitals nationwide that have the capabilities to quickly and effectively treat all types of stroke, even the most complex cases
The rehabilitation team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The interdisciplinary team includes board-certified rehabilitation physicians; nurses; social workers; physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists; neurological psychologists; rehab clinical evaulators and case managers.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour variable day shift, 7:00 am - 3;30 pm, but hours may vary depending on needs of the department; weekends as needed
Full-time (1.0 FTE) Exempt position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (Rehabilitation, Med/Surg) that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- NIHSS Certification
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Certification in specialty area of practice
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole