Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, Telemetry 5E, SGHJob ID 83157 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Telemetry 5E
- Category: Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Applicant may be eligible Relocation Reimbursement up to $2500
Sharp employee may be eligible for $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8- hour position primarily 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, but hours dependent on needs of the department. Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area (PCU/Telemetry/Neuro/Stroke) that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
- Certification in specialty area of practice
- NIHSS certification
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will be part of the 5 East Neuro/Stroke Progressive Care Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). The CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS.
Clinical Nurse Specialist positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families.
5-East is a 41-bed Neuro/Stroke Progressive Care Unit that focuses on the neurological management of patients. Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center and is one of the only hospitals in the San Diego-area with a specific unit dedicated to stroke care. 5-East provides its staff with the opportunity to work with Progressive Care/telemetry level of care and gain specialized skills in acute stroke care. It is our goal to improve the health of our patients through consistent, collaborative care and commitment to excellence utilizing outcome measurements and continuous quality improvement.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 83157, Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs, Educator Jobs, Registered Nurse Jobs, Progressive Care Unit Nursing Jobs, PCU RN Jobs, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Nursing Jobs, San Diego Nursing Jobs