Clinical Nurse Specialist - RN, Women's Administration, SGH
Job ID: 109618 Date posted: April 29, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Women's Administration
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will be part of the Women’s Administration department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH). The CNS is a masters or doctoral prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher and consultant. The ability to be a system thinker and change agent are role assumptions for the CNS.
Clinical Nurse Specialist positions with Sharp HealthCare focus on patient outcomes and serve a key function to the organization. There are opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families.
This CNS position is with the Women’s Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. Our Women’s Center welcomes nearly 3,500 babies to the world each year and we put family at the center of our care. The Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants. The Women’s Center has 48 spacious suites, including 24 postpartum delivery suites to make families feel at home. Our focus on families is one of the many reasons why we are nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction by Press Ganey. Our level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 24-beds allowing for specialized stabilization and management of high-risk and premature infants; recently expanded services include medical management of infants requiring ventilator support.
We provide a full range of advanced services, from managing high-risk pregnancies to providing women options for vaginal birth after a cesarean (VBAC) with high success rates.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus
Sharp employees may be eligible for a $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- Current NRP certification
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Certification in specialty area of practice
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole