Clinical Nurse Specialist - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76915 Date posted 11/03/2016
Requisition ID: 76915
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Inservice Education
- Category: Clinical Nurse Specialist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Relocation assistance may be provided
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour shift; primarily day shift, but may require other hours depending on needs of area. Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters or doctoral prepared RN
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the CA BRN
- Must have at least 5 years of clinical experience in critical care
- A clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area that functions in the following roles: leader, consultant, mentor, change agent within three spheres of influence; patient/client, nurses/nursing practice, and organization/system
- Strong communication and leadership development skills
- Proficient in computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Nursing
- Certification in specialty area of practice highly desired
This Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) position is for the Critical Care West Tower. The CNS will oversee patient outcomes in the MICU, SICU, 5-West PCU (Cardiovascular/telemetry) and 2-South (Ventilator Unit. The CNS is an advanced practice nurse who will develop processes to assure evidence based clinical outcomes and top decile performance in all publically reported data. The Clinical Nurse Specialist will lead efforts associated with new knowledge and innovation including interdisciplinary quality initiatives (unit specific quality improvement projects, VBP, Core Measures), evidence-based practice projects and clinical research. Core Measures responsibilities: CAUTI, CDI, CLABSI, VAE and Cardiac Surgery. The Clinical Nurse Specialist will collaborate and work with the existing resource staff. The goal is to establish a Clinical Leadership Model that optimizes the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist resulting in positive patient outcomes.
Under the Clinical Practice Model the Clinical Nurse Specialists will develop processes to assure evidence based clinical outcomes and top decile performance in all publically reported data. The CNS will lead efforts associated with new knowledge and innovation including interdisciplinary quality initiatives (unit specific quality improvement projects, VBP, Core Measures), evidence-based practice projects and clinical research. The CNS will collaborate and work with the existing resource staff. The goal is to establish a Clinical Leadership Model that optimizes the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist resulting in positive patient outcomes.
This CNS position is part of the Inservice Education department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The Inservice Education department is an active, dynamic department that drives best practices to meet nursing sensitive outcomes guided by Magnet tenets. This Clinical Nurse Specialist position with a focus on patient outcomes serves a key function to the organization. There are opportunities to collaborate with leaders throughout Sharp HealthCare to create safer systems and processes for patients and their families. The Inservice Education department focuses on staff development and leads efforts related to identification, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based practice.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse Specialist, CNS, ICU, Critical Care, Cardiovascular, Telemetry, MICU, SICU, PCU, Registered Nurse, RN, MSN, Sharp Grossmont Hospital, Nursing Jobs, San Diego