Customer Information Representative
Job ID: 102376 Date posted: May 18, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Customer Information Center
- Clerical Jobs
The Customer Information Rep will serve as the main point of contact for all internal and external callers. Some of the job roles include being responsible for effectively dispatching and notifying appropriate staff during all emergency code activations.
The Guest Services Department
is the first point of contact for those entering the hospital. Concierge staff
assists in the direction of lobby volunteers, coordinates wheelchair
availability, assures complete and accurate processing of lost and found items;
greets and provides assistance to visitors and patients entering the hospital;
provides patient information as appropriate using the IDX documentation system.
We also provide updates to waiting family members of surgical patients.
CIR and Concierge Staff
integrate the Sharp Experience and First Touch philosophy into the high level
of customer service provided to our customers. The PBX department
operates 24/7 and also serves as the Sharp Hospice answering service from 5:00
p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the
largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542
beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics,
rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health.
In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the
most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Variable hours and shifts, weekends required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be available to work overnight and weekends
- Two years of experience in a high-contact customer service position
- Experience dealing with multiple demands simultaneously
- Ability to remain calm during emergency and stressful situations
- Ability to remain calm and professional with difficult customer situations
- Requires effective oral and written documentation skills
- Good organizational skills and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to at times work independently required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high call volume call center environment
- Ability to page overhead and make important announcements clearly and effectively
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Good telephone etiquette and ability to be efficient and professional even with frequent interruptions
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”