Director Hospice & Palliative Care | Sharp Hospice
- SRS San Carlos
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
We are Sharp
Our Mission and Values
At Sharp, our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We aim to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients’ expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
We have a vision to transform the health care experience through a culture of caring, quality, safety, service, innovation and excellence. Our goal is to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Our team members are the driving force behind our mission and vision. At Sharp, we’re focused on providing an environment that will meet the needs of both our patients and our employees. Our team members are encouraged to connect with their passions and recommit to the purpose of their work each day.
dental and more
Our flexible benefits include a choice of two HMO medical plans (both of which include vision), two PPO dental choices, flexible spending accounts, accident insurance, long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
holiday and sick leave
We offer one of the most generous plans among health care systems in San Diego, and new Sharp employees start with 25 days of paid time off in just the first year.
We focus on your overall well-being by giving you tools to improve both yourself and your life — mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. Our focus is on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
At Sharp, we understand that personal problems occasionally arise and you may need to seek outside professional advice. We’re here to help. Our employee assistance program helps employees develop and maintain a lifestyle that supports good health and productivity.
We’re proud to offer two retirement plans to match your needs. The Sharp$aver 401(a) plan matches your after-tax contributions and the 403(b) plan offers a long-term savings plan for pre-tax and Roth contributions with available loan and withdrawal provisions.
and tuition reimbursement
We support and encourage the growth and development of our employees through educational courses for credit in institutions of higher learning, continuing education programs (conferences, workshops, seminars) and specialty certification examinations.
perks and other benefits
Our employees are eligible to participate in several group voluntary benefit plans — including group legal, college savings, critical illness insurance, group auto and home insurance and pet insurance.
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:8 hour days
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Provides leadership for all hospice and palliative care programs and services for Sharp HealthCare, including the Hospice Homes. Develops annual operating and adheres to budgetary requirements including allocation of resources, staffing, etc. Oversees all contracted services such as DME, Pharmacy, Supplies and other contracted services to ensure optimal performance in quality, cost and delivery of safe patient/family care. Actively collaborates with system, hospital, physician leaders, medical group leadership, and other key stakeholders in the design and implementation of programs and services focusing on improving the care continuum for late stage illness and end of life care. Proactively guides the integration of care delivery models within an HRO culture. Participates in the development and implementation of a system wide Advanced Illness Management strategy. Oversees and participates in performance improvement initiatives, the Sharp Experience initiatives, and responsible for compliance with all Federal, State and other regulatory requirements.
- 8 years hospice experience plus a minimum of 5 years in a healthcare administrative role (home health or hospice preferred)
Other Qualification Requirements
- Graduate degree is required upon hire or completed within six months of hire date. If candidate has BSN, then MSN or related graduate degree (MHA, MBA, MPH) is acceptable. If candidate does not have BSN, then graduate degree must be MSN.
- California RN licensure if applicable.
- Plans, develops, and oversees the implementation of hospice and palliative programs and services across the care continuum.
- Develops, in collaboration with Vice President of Hospice, the annual operating budget and implements the approved budget.
- Directs and oversees the Leadership Team to develop and implement care and services to meet the needs of those with late stage and end of life care needs and that exceed community standards.
- Participate in Strategic Planning development, implementation and outcomes of organizational initiatives.
- Responsibility for development, implementation, and evaluation of new programs designed to increase hospice access, including palliative care and enhance end-of-life care to patients served by Sharp HealthCare and community providers.
- Oversees the development, revisions, and maintenance of agency policies and procedures to meet regulatory compliance.
- Provides direction and oversight of clinical operational functions to ensure compliance with state, federal, accreditation, practice standards, and system-wide requirements.
- Actively helps lead the organization in the implementation of Advanced Illness Management strategies and tactics aligning organizational objectives and outcomes.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community