Director Laboratory - Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Job ID: 99401 Date posted: November 19, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Lab Clinical Services
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Director Laboratory – Sharp Grossmont Hospital
The Director Laboratory is accountable for planning, directing, and coordinating the operations of a single entity and system integration for operations functions, patient care delivery, and promotion of service liens. This role is subject to functional policies and goals, and has discretion to establish plans and recommend policies and priorities, provided activities are consistent with integration objectives operating policies and precedents.
Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum of five (5) years clinical laboratory management experience including work in a complex multi healthcare system or reference lab with more than nine (9) years of clinical experience in relevant area of responsibility required.
Must have experience working with a large pathology group(s).
Business Development experience with setting up/running outreach laboratories preferred.
Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent required.
Masters degree preferred (MS, MBA, MPH or equivalent).
Active CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license required.
National Registry or Certification in laboratory medicine preferred.
Key Responsibilities: (partial list)
- Plans, directs and coordinates the development and implementation of programs consistent with the mission of Sharp Healthcare.
- Responsible for the Strategic planning, business development and growth, and quality improvement plans for clinical laboratory services and anatomic pathology services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital.
- Fiscally manages all departments within the allotted resources.
- Develops collaborative relationships with medical directors, medical groups, other Sharp HealthCare facilities, the community, and professional organizations to ensure a continuum focus and to enhance the image of Sharp Grossmont Hospital and Sharp HealthCare.
- Collaborates with other directors, program managers and departments to ensure continued entity and system collaboration and support.
- Accountable for coordinating the ongoing development and productivity of designated work units and for maintaining the quality of care within those work units and or programs.
- Assists the executive management team with capital, operational and budgetary planning.
- Provides direction to achieve exemplary levels of care and organizational objectives.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management bonus incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Lift objects 40 pounds or less
Spend 5-6 hours per day sitting at desk, computer terminal or in meetings
Walk 2-3 hours per day through and between hospital departments, regularly bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching for reports or equipment
Hear and speak clearly by telephone
Additional Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
“Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.”
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”