Director Women's Services - Sharp Grossmont HospitalSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75459 Date posted 08/18/2016
Requisition ID: 75459
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Women's Administration
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in related area.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead change.
- Strong business development skills.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory standards (JCAHO, Title 22 and Department of Health Services).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Five years management experience in Maternal/Infant Health leadership.
Master's degree in health care related field required.
Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure required
Current CPR certification required.
Director Women’s Services – Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press-Ganey, the Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. We are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants.
Our Labor & Delivery Unit provides a homelike setting with 24 private suites performing over 3600 deliveries per year.
Our unit is unique in that we are all inclusive-triage, labor and delivery, antepartum care, and post-partum care. There are 4 triage beds, 3 OR suites and 4 recovery beds. As part of our family-centered approach we encourage family members to participate in the birthing experience and support all mothers with their birthing choices.
Our OB/GYN unit offers a homelike setting with 24 private suites providing care to mother-baby couplets, postsurgical gynecological and antepartum patients. Our OB Special Care is a 5-bed Post-Partum/Mother/Baby Unit located within the Labor and Delivery department. Performing over 3600 deliveries per year, our unit is unique in that we are all inclusive-triage, labor and delivery, antepartum care, and post-partum care.
Our level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has 24-beds allowing for specialized stabilization and management of high-risk and premature infants; recently expanded services include medical management of infants requiring ventilator support.
The Women’s Surgery Department has 3 OR suites and 4 Recovery beds for the care of women post-surgery.
A diverse multi-disciplinary team, comprised of nurses, certified lactation consultants, social workers, healthcare partners, unit clerks, hearing screeners, childbirth educators and chaplains are available to deliver individualized family-centered care. We have an active Unit Practice Council and offer a variety of continuing education.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Summary: The Director Women’s Services reports to the Vice President Patient Care at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. This position has oversight of the Sharp Grossmont Hospital Women's Health Center.
- Directs the strategic planning for assigned areas.
- Determines direction, goals and objectives of assigned areas, and ensures implementation of strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and recommends overall organizational policies and objectives within assigned areas, and their implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing problem identification and problem solving for assigned areas, and diffuses any crisis issues through proactive and strategic decision making processes.
- Achieves superior financial, quality, customer services, and clinical outcomes.
- Directs performance improvement for assigned area and integrates it with other disciplines, nursing department, and entities within the system, as appropriate.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position of Director Women’s Services provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in an entity incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Director Women’s Services, Nurse, RN, MSN, Women’s Services, L&D, NICU, OB/GYN, OB Special Care, Women’s Surgery/PACU, Women's Center OR/PACU, Executive Nursing Jobs, Sharp Grossmont Jobs, Sharp HealthCare Jobs