Distribution TechnicianJob ID 85717 Date posted 01/30/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Supply Distribution
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
- Previous experience in stock and distribution procedures
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- General knowledge of medical terminology and products.
- Knowledge of computer functions and data entry.
- Ability to handle high telephone volume.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hospital experience
The Distribution Tech will maintain adequate levels of medical supplies in the storeroom, decontamination of medical equipment and distribute supplies and equipment to the nursing units providing excellent customer service.
The Supply Chain Services department is responsible for the managing the delivery, stocking, and inventory of supplies/equipment for all facilities. Our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers through ongoing continuous service improvements, supplier partnerships, resources and communications so that the correct product is in the right place at the lowest total cost consistent with the mission of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Distribution Technician, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Customer Service