Exercise Physiologist IJob ID 85088 Date posted 12/29/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Cardiac Rehab
- Category: Allied Health Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 6:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 4 PM
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - Between 4 to 9 hour shifts
6:45am - 4:00pm - Weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Masters of Arts/Science degree in Exercise Science/Physiology
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge of pathology, symptoms, and treatment for cardiac disease
- Understanding and ability to apply exercise principles for variety of adult patient populations including cardiac, vascular, renal, diabetic, obese, and others
- Ability to perform exercise testing parameters such as body fat, heart rate, and blood pressure
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to two years’ experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Current (ACLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Patient education experience
Ensures safe exercise parameters are developed and maintained for patients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation exercise program. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates exercise prescriptions for cardiac rehab patients. Provide appropriate patient education. Promote teamwork and cooperation in all aspects of the program. Facilitate multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and attainment of patient and departmental goals.
This positive work environment assisting cardiac patient with lifestyle modifications and recovery from cardiac events in Phase II and III of Cardiac Rehab program. Patient education via individualized and class education formats. Community Health Promotion via participation in community lectures and Health Fairs.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Exercise, Specialist, Physiology, Healthcare, Cardiac, Rehabilitation