Financial Analyst, Experience/Insight Center, SGH
Job ID: 107272 Date posted: January 12, 2021
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Experience / Insight Center
- Finance Jobs
- Day Job
The Financial Analyst will enhance the operation and growth of Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH) by assisting the Manager and/or the Chief Financial Officer in research, development and growth of the hospital service lines. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for all the analytics and finances of the service line, as well as executing projects as directed by the executive team. The Financial Analyst be a pivotal member in building relationships with physicians, internal and external customers, and patients.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital has created a new central hub, The Sharp Experience Center and Insight Center, that will be responsible for monitoring day‐to‐day operations via real‐time data feeds. The Financial Analyst will be a change agent in the day‐to‐day operations of the hospital. This position will drive the movement to enhancing the patient experience.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
Full Time - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field; or equivalent experience in a healthcare environment.
- Math skills to solve and analyze accounting and financial problems, calculate percentages, per unit values, variances, and percentage increases and decreases.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff as well as with external agencies.
- Ability to handle confidential details while exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone interactions.
- Personal initiative as exhibited by utilizing time between routine workloads, assisting co-workers with varying tasks, and asking supervisor for additional tasks.
- Knowledge of healthcare finance, terminology, and statistical reporting. Knowledge of information systems as it related to accounting systems, experience in the use of PC software applications, including Excel and Word. Two to four years of finance or accounting experience (healthcare experience preferred).
- Prior microcomputer financial applications experience.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”