Financial Analyst / Sharp Grossmont Hospital/ Full Time
- Grossmont Hospital
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
To enhance the operation of Sharp Grossmont Hospital (SGH) and the finance department by assisting the Manager and/or Supervisor of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of the annual operating budget and the analysis of financial performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field, or equivalent experience in a healthcare environment.
- 2 Years finance or accounting experience.
- Prior microcomputer financial applications experience.
- Experience in the use of PC software applications, including Excel and Word.
- 2 Years in a healthcare environment.
Assists in the preparation and consolidation of department operating and capital budgets according to the budget calendar.
Assists in development and presentation of education for hospital staff to assist them in developing and maintaining department budgets. Proficiency on software applications required for budget development.
- General support
Assists Finance Manager, Supervisor and Chief Financial Officer
Assists Finance Manager, Supervisor and/or Chief Financial Officer in analysis of special projects or duties as assigned, including analysis of financial data by department, service line, and procedure, ad hoc analyses.
Investigating and researching issues or questions brought to Finance's attention by management in regard to their departments or hospital operations.
Composite score for timely and accurate reporting for projects assigned during the 12 month period. Each assigned will be evaluated on the following critera: completion by due date (25%); summary of analysis and recommendations (25%); and quality/re-work (no material error or re-work) (50%).
- Report preparation
Prepares various financial, statistical and operational reports, including analysis productivity analysis, statistical and service line. Uses information for department/hospital financial performance.
- Training and education
Assist in the development and presentation of three to four fiscal education classes for management and staff. Examples of management education included, but are not limited to: budgets, capital, productivity, revenue cycle, one-on-ones, etc...
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Math skills to solve and analyze accounting and financial problems, calculate percentages, per unit values, variances, and percentage increases and decreases.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff as well as with external agencies.
- Ability to handle confidential details while exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone interactions.
- Personal initiative as exhibited by utilizing time between routine workloads, assisting co-workers with varying tasks, and asking supervisor for additional tasks. Knowledge of healthcare finance, terminology, and statistical reporting.
- Knowledge of information systems as it related to accounting systems.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classBachelor's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community