Gift Shop AssistantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75718 Date posted 08/31/2016
Requisition ID: 75718
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Auxiliary Gift Shop
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
Variable shift and hours; Weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of retail experience to include customer service, inventory processing, merchandising and data entry
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with ability to work cooperatively with volunteers, paid staff, customers, other hospital departments and outside vendors
- Computer skills required, including knowledge of computerized point of sale systems and inventory management
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Retail or resale experience
The Gift Shop Assistant will support the daily operations by assisting volunteers with customer operations, providing customer service, processing inventory, entering data into the point of sale system, and other duties as needed. This position requires flexibility as shifts will vary, to include weekends.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Gift Shop Assistant, Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Sales