Health Care PartnerSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76017 Date posted 09/14/2016
Requisition ID: 76017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Med/Surg 4W
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Hours: Evening Shift = 1500-2330
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One year recent Acute Care Nursing Assistant experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Command of the English language (written and spoken)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Unit Clerk training
- One year recent Acute Care Unit Clerk experience
- Experience with orthopedic patients and equipment, including over bed frames, Bucks Traction, CPM machines, and use of BVI machine
- Acute Care Ortho/Neuro experience
- Cerner experience
The Health Care Partner will function competently as a Nursing Assistant and Unit Clerk. Push, walk, lift and assist patients with ambulation, transfers, and bed mobility. Responsible for electronic order entry and basic computer operations. Function independently with excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize job tasks.
4-West is a 33-bed Progressive Care/Surgical unit with heavy emphasis on orthopedic/neurosurgical/general surgical patient populations. This fast-paced unit excels in helping to heal patients during their immediate post-operative periods. Our staff is dedicated to excellence in quality patient care, consistent with outcome driven goals, and to outstanding patient satisfaction through teamwork, interdisciplinary collaboration, positive nurse/physician relations, and connections with our patients and their families. Our unit has a dedicated educator, Advanced Clinicians, Lead nurses, and Nurse Manager all dedicated to a learning environment through mentorship. Our patient population is diverse in age, culture, and socio-economic status. We enjoy a friendly environment with staff experience ranging from new graduates to those who have worked on our unit for over 30 years. Benefits include a self-scheduling model, trained preceptors, and 24/7 leadership on the unit.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk and neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below/above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: HealthCare Partner, Unit Clerk, Nursing Assistant