Health Care PartnerJob ID 85707 Date posted 02/10/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Emergency Department (CCTA)
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 0.6
- Shift Start: 11 AM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
· One-year EMT experience, or one year of Acute Care nursing assistant experience.
· Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers.
· Excellent team player, communication, and customer service skills
- Certified Nursing Assistant certificate
- One year experience in ER/Acute Care setting
- EKG trained
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills and medical terminology
The Health Care Partner - HCP supports patient care activities, management of equipment and supplies, clerical responsibilities and related duties. Looking for enthusiastic compassionate individual to be part of a dynamic engaging team focused on efficient, compassionate patient care.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Emergency Room department is one of the most technologically advanced of its kind. We are the busiest community emergency department in San Diego County seeing more than 90,000 patients a year treating a diverse population. We have also been designated by the county as a STEMI center, due to implementation of new cardiac protocols meeting county and national guidelines for treating acute MI patients. Additionally, we have achieved stroke center status due to our focus on providing expeditious diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients. We have a helipad that receives patients with medical emergencies, such as snake bites, heat stroke, and heart attacks, from our rural catchment area. Currently, we run 43 acute care beds 24 hours a day, plus 21 minor care and observation beds that are open during high volume hours.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk and neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below/above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: HealthCare Partner, Emergency Department, ED, ER