Imaging Assistant / Radiology Diagnostic / Sharp Grossmont Hospital / Evening Shift / Full-time (8 hour shifts) / On-Call Required
- Grossmont Hospital
Shift Start Time:3 PM
Shift End Time:11:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$20.250 - $24.050 - $28.860
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive health care facility in East San Diego County, with a service area covering 750 square miles. Its award-winning imaging services rank among the highest levels of image quality and patient safety in the nation.
What You Will Do
Assist with completing Imaging Center procedures including transportation and monitoring patients to and from, as well as during Imaging Center procedures.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- One year recent direct patient care experience in a hospital and/or clinic setting
- EMT or CNA experience
- Ability to process radiographic film using proper safelight technique
- Assist imaging procedures
- Communicate patient status with nursing and Imaging staff so condition and location is known to both areas.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and attitude towards the department as well as patients, visitors, physicians, coworkers and supervisors.
- Provide appropriate mode of transport for patient's physical imitations and imaging procedure requirements.
- Perform general clerical duties
- Assists coworkers with tasks.
- Demonstrate initiative by effectively utilizing work time for the completion of the following:
Effectively manage workload in a timely manner.
Cross cover in other areas of the department as work volume and staffing fluctuations occur.
Effectively utilize free time between assignments (10 minutes) to complete the following tasks: Stocking work area, Cleaning work area, assisting coworkers with the completion of work, Provide relief for lunch, breaks and/or meetings.
Identify and complete additional projects and/or educational In-services outside of daily responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of body mechanics for safe transfer of patient and self.
- Customer service driven communication skills
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class.AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community