Imaging Assistant / Radiology Diagnostic / Sharp Grossmont Hospital / Variable Shift / Part Time (0.5 FTE) / On Call Required
- Grossmont Hospital
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Assist with completing Imaging Center procedures including transportation and monitoring patients to and from, as well as during Imaging Center procedures.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year experience with patient care
- Ability to process radiographic film using proper safelight technique
Ability to print images and make duplicates of films and/or digital images.
Ability to display images on alternators for radiologist's interpretation using proper anatomical orientation as documented on procedure cards in a film based department.
Combine completed procedures with patent's Imaging jacket with the correct insert jacket and accuracy in name check and medical record number.
Scan appropriate patient documents into Synapse with attention to the correct patient identification of the form and in the electronic file.
- Assist imaging procedures
Greet and escort patients to Imaging Center rooms with appropriate dress and valuables secured in a safe place.
Assist in transferring patients prior to and following procedures.
Observe patients during procedures to maintain a safe environment, documenting and/or communicate changes in patient's condition to appropriate nursing and/or Imaging staff.
Transfer specimens with proper identification and safety precaution.
Provide tech assistance by developing radiographs and/or images and assisting with moving patients during procedures.
- Communicate patient status with nursing and Imaging staff so condition and location is known to both areas.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and attitude towards the department as well as patients, visitors, physicians, coworkers and supervisors.
- Provide appropriate mode of transport for patient's physical imitations and imaging procedure requirements.
- Perform general clerical duties
- Assists coworkers with tasks.
- Demonstrate initiative by effectively utilizing work time for the completion of the following:
Effectively manage workload in a timely manner.
Cross cover in other areas of the department as work volume and staffing fluctuations occur.
Effectively utilize free time between assignments (10 minutes) to complete the following tasks: Stocking work area, Cleaning work area, assisting coworkers with the completion of work, Provide relief for lunch, breaks and/or meetings.
Identify and complete additional projects and/or educational In-services outside of daily responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prefer knowledge of body mechanics for safe transfer of patient and self.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classH.S. Diploma or Equivalent; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community