Imaging AssistantJob ID 84740 Date posted 12/07/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: CT
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; full-time position to work variable PM shift hours; weekends as scheduled; call is required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Ability to organize workload with changing priorities by the American Heart Association
- Knowledge of safe body mechanics for safe transfer of patients and self
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to function collaboratively in a team oriented environment
- Excellent customer service and effective communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One year current patient care experience in a hospital/clinic setting
- Recent CNA or EMT experience in a hospital/clinic setting
- Clerical support skills such as: computers skills and multi-telephonic skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Arabic)
The Imaging Assistant assist Technologist with patient care in a high volume Imaging Department. Assists with patient preparation or exams as well as clerical duties, which include multiple imagining databases, answering phones and scanning paperwork.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Imaging Assistant, Imaging Asst; Transporter, Transporter jobs; Imaging Assistant jobs, Imaging Asst jobs, orderly, orderly jobs