Imaging AssistantJob ID 84757 Date posted 12/08/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Radiology Diagnostic
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
8 hour shifts; per diem position to work variable shifts; every other weekend; call is required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider
- Skill to provide safe patient transportation in a proactive and independent manner
- Skill to organize work and set priorities in a dynamic patient care environment
- Strong skills in patient care
- Demonstrated skill to work in collaborative team environment
- Customer service driven communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year recent direct patient care experience in a hospital and/or clinic setting
- EMT or CNA experience
The Imaging Assistant will assist the Radiologic technologist with patient care in a fast-paced Imaging Department. Imaging Assistants are primarily responsible for transporting patients to and from their room or unit to Imaging Department for procedures.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Imaging Assistant; transporter; radiology transporter; radiology imaging assistant; Imaging Assistant jobs; Imaging Asst jobs; Transporter jobs; radiology transporter jobs;