The Imaging Specialist II will cover in both Interventional Radiology and Radiology Diagnostics. Will produce high quality exams in compliance with department policy, procedures and guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to providing safe, efficient, and quality care. Provides pre and post procedure education to patient and family. Understands and applies appropriate imaging techniques. Verifies physician orders and utilizes RIS correctly to complete all paperwork. Adheres to all Sharp Healthcare practices and policies. Complies with all regulatory requirements including licensing, certification, and other mandatory training within established time frames
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is located in La Mesa, CA, San Diego County
8 hour variable day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or equivalent
- ARRT in Radiology
- Current CRT with CA Fluoroscopy certification
- Proven understanding of patient flow in an imaging department to include multiple imaging modalities
- Skill to evaluate physician orders in relation to imaging protocol
- Proven skills to work in a team environment
- Skill to evaluate daily priorities and organize workflow in a dynamic patient care environment
- Proven problem solving skills and effective time management skills
- Effective, concise and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented for accurate documentation
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One or more years recent experience working as Radiologic Technologist in diagnostics and interventional radiology