Job ID: 106685 Date posted: December 23, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Infection Control
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This Infection Preventionist position is with the Infection Control department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. Responsibilities of the Infection Preventionist include Infection Surveillance, education and Infection Prevention construction management to minimize the incidence of nosocomial infections in patients, staff, and visitors.
The Infection Prevention and Clinical Epidemiology team at Sharp Grossmont Hospital includes Hospital Epidemiologists, Infection Control Preventionist (ICP) Supervisor, and additional Infection Control Practitioners. The Infection Control department ensures proper IC precautions are in place, works on improving infection control risk assessment processes and also addresses non-compliance.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Infection Preventionist, Infection Control, RN, Nursing Jobs
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 8 hour variable day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three to five years of current acute care/hospital clinical RN experience
- One year recent Infection Prevention/Infection Control RN experience
- Computer and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is strongly desired
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole