Intake Coordinator - LVN - Home Infusion
Job ID: 99174 Date posted: November 06, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Home Infusion
- Home Infusion
- LVN Jobs
- Day Job
The Intake Coordinator organizes and coordinates daily intake/referral processes for the home health agency to ensure that the initiation of care is timely and according to physician orders and within regulatory guidelines. They act as the key linkage between hospital case management services, medical group physicians and office staff, hospice agencies and home infusion services. The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of complex patient issues related to home care services.
Currently SHIS consists of a pharmacy department (Home Infusion, Hospice, Specialty Pharmacy and a Home Health Nursing cost center with approximately 30 employees. We are a provider of medications, supplies, medical equipment and nursing visits to patients in their home.
The goal at Sharp Home Infusion Services is to offer high quality patient care and services that go above and beyond customer expectations. They employ a team of pharmacists who provide clinical evaluation and management, pharmacy technicians who prepare and package infusion products, a dietitian for nutritional consultations, as well as specially trained home-infusion nurses, all who coordinate care for patients in their homes.
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational licensure
- Experience with handling difficult situations applying empathy, courtesy and compassion.
- Experience with using different approach when working with co-workers, staff and the public.
- Must assume a position in the weekend rotations.
- Basic knowledge of insurances including Medicare/Medi-Cal and HMO limitations.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year of home health experience is preferred.
- Experience as home health liaison, community outreach coordinator helpful
- Knowledge and experience of overall home health management including admission criteria, nursing process, insurance limitations, referral process.
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”