Intake Coordinator - LVN - HospiceJob ID 81320 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HospiceCare
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Hospice Admin
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour shift, Full-time, 8:00am - 4:30pm, working weekends as needed
- Graduate from a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program
- Current unencumbered California LVN licensure
- Hospice or Home Health LVN experience or Intake Coordinator experience
- Knowledge of Hospice operations, regulatory requirements and reimbursement guidelines for various payers
- Ability to utilize resources in an organized and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex situations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Intake Coordinators are first contact for all of our hospice patients/families. Their role is to facilitate all functions at the point of a patient’s referral (registration, insurance verification, eligibility, diagnostic coding, etc.) The Intake Coordinator has direct contact with referring physicians, hospital liaisons and patient/families as it relates to Hospice benefits and services.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa and ParkView Home in Del Cerro, which offers end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes – staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses – provide a comfortable and supportive environment for up to four patients at one time in each home.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Working around equipment or machinery
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Intake Coordinator, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Hospice