LD SPIRITUAL CARE, Pastoral Care, SGHJob ID 82713 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Pastoral Care
- Category: Social Services Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shifts, variable hours; including weekends as needed
Full time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Board certification by either APC, NACC, NAJC or other JCAHO recognized certification
- Three-five years’ experience as a healthcare chaplain
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to orient, mentor, oversee and train volunteer and residency staff in the quality of work and date collection
- Ability to participate in and at times chair spiritual care-related committees on a facility and system-wide basis, as well as other committees as representative of spiritual care
- Ability to initiate new programs, as well as organize and oversee exiting ones
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of graduate level theological requirements of either APC, NAJC or NACC
- Successful completion of at least 4 units of ACPE Clinical Pastoral Education
The Lead Spiritual Care will supervise the Chaplain Department, associated staff and volunteers. In addition to regular chaplaincy responsibilities, the Lead Spiritual Care will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day activities of the Spiritual Care Department in clinically designated areas, and the delivery of spiritual care to patients/families. The ideal candidate is responsible for the development and coordination of special chapel services as needed. In addition, the lead will be responsible for the administrative oversight of all Spiritual care related tasks, including development and monitoring of budget, strategic plan, and databases. The Lead Spiritual Care is responsible for policy and procedure review of system-wide policies relative to the Spiritual Care Department and represents Sharp Grossmont Hospital with Sharp system peers to advocate for consistency and improvement of the quality of Spiritual Care being provided at Sharp Healthcare facilities.
The Spiritual Care Department at SGH is responsible for the spiritual care needs of patients, guests, and staff throughout Sharp Grossmont Hospital campus.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Lead, Spiritual Care, Chaplaincy, Pastoral Care, APC, NAJC, NACC, Theology