Lead Clinical Nurse - RN
Job ID: 97369 Date posted: August 09, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Surgical Procedure Unit
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Sharp HealthCare’s dedication to excellence has led us to a journey to be the best place to work, practice medicine, and receive care. Lead Clinical Nurse position offers great career opportunity for clinical nurses who demonstrate leadership, advanced clinical knowledge and skills in Orthopedics. This position is an integral part of the team with the goal of providing the best possible care to our patients. We have a highly developed team approach and emphasize interdisciplinary care. We are looking for motivated, team focused leader with solid clinical skills who will serve as an educator, preceptor and mentor. Successful candidate will work closely with the Clinical Nurse Specialist to advance knowledge of evidence based practice and improve unit outcomes with quality measures.
The Surgical Procedure Unit is very busy department with approximately 650 surgeries per month. We work collaboratively with the Anesthesiologists, Surgeons, and OR staff to ensure the optimal outcome of the patient.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: SPU Lead RN
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 10 hours variable shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years of recent Surgical Procedure experience in an acute care setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to be comfortable to perform in a fast paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursi
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole