Lead Clinical Nurse - RN
Job ID: 99207 Date posted: November 13, 2019
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Telemetry 3E
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen one's horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
3-East is a 36-bed unit that is specializing in Gastrointestinal and urinary patient population. We promote optimal patient care in a collaborative environment and provide an intermediate level of quality nursing care for a diverse patient population that includes ECG monitoring and assessment. Benefits include a self-scheduling model, trained preceptors, and 24/7 leadership on the unit.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse Lead, RN, Registered Nurse, Progressive Care, PCU, GI/GU, Gastrointestinal, Urinary
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour day shift: 7:00am-7:30pm including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years' current Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry and/or ICU/Critical Care RN experience in an acute care setting
- EKG interpretation skills
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated clinical competence and positive leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current ACLS certification
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole