Lead Clinical Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77228 Date posted 11/11/2016
Requisition ID: 77228
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 8 hour day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three to five years current Main Operating Room experience in an Acute Hospital setting with experience in General, GYN, and Urology cases
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Previous leadership experience
This position is an opportunity for an RN to join the Clinical Lead team in the OR. This Clinical Lead position will be responsible for the coordination of the General, GYN and Urology surgeries, including mentoring and education. Join the highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 700 surgeries/month.
The Surgery service at Sharp Grossmont Hospital has 12-OR suites and performs all inpatient surgical specialties including Open Heart and DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Its Total Joint Replacement program is nationally recognized. Join our highly skilled and efficient team with the challenge of a fast paced surgical department that performs 650-700 surgeries/month.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk and neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below/above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Lead Clinical Nurse, General, GYN, Urology