Lead Clinical Nurse - RNJob ID 82391 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Physical Rehab
- Category: Nursing Management Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1,000 employee referral bonus
Sign-On Bonus: $5000 ($1000 in 6 months, $1000 in 12 months, and $3000 in 24 months)
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Full-Time; 12-hour day shift: 7:00 am - 7:30 pm; including every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nursing License
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two years' recent Acute Care Medical Surgical or Acute Rehab RN experience
- Demonstrates progressive leadership skills
- Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Relief Charge Nurse experience
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) or Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)
The Clinical Nurse Lead - RN position offers great opportunity to widen one's horizon in clinical competencies and nursing leadership. This role is dynamic and offers flexibility and opportunity for teaching, mentoring and leadership. This position demonstrates clinical competence and positive leadership and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate who is motivated to participate in quality improvement unit activities, coach staff in compliance with behavior standards, enhancement of clinical performance and oversee daily operation of the department.
Grossmont Rehabilitation Centers Physical Rehab unit is a 30-bed mixed unit providing comprehension care for acute rehabilitation patients recovering from traumatic injury or major illness as well as various types of medical and surgical patients. Due to the diversity of our patient population, our nurses are exposed to a unique amount of medical and surgical experience. Our staff is friendly and also diverse in age and culture. We use a primary nurse model of care, have nursing assistant support, work with an interdisciplinary team, and have self-scheduling. Grossmont Rehabilitation Center is certified by the California Association of Rehabilitations Facilities and also has a certification for our Stroke Program from the Joint Commission. We are committed to supporting our patients in their recovery, whether it is a 24 hour visit or 3 week hospitalization.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Lead RN, Charge RN, Rehab, Acute Rehab, Medical Surgical, Clinical Nurse