Lead Nuclear Medicine/Radiation CustodianJob ID 83563 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Nuclear Medicine
- Category: Radiation Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, CA in San Diego County.
8-hour shifts; full-time position to work variable day shift hours; weekends as needed; call is required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirements of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- CNMT(NMTCB) or ARRT(N)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Experience in safe handling of radiation sources as defined in the RAM
- Knowledge and understanding of radiological sciences, computer programs and documentation
- Knowledge of application of radioactive materials
- Ability to respond to radioactive emergencies ensuring compliance with Title 17, NRC, Ram
- Three or more years of recent experience as a Nuclear Med Tech
- Ability to perform all standard Nuclear Medicine/PETCT procedures
- Highly effective problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in team oriented environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Lead Nuclear Medicine/Radiation Custodian is responsible for directing operational activities and supervision of the staff. Performs area management responsibilities and conducts a physical inventory of radioactive fields sources throughout Grossmont Hospital Campus; supervising and/or performing field source leakage tests, drafting policies and procedures and documentation of compliance with Title 17 or Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and Radioactive Material License (RAM). The Lead shall provide technical support, expertise and professional judgment as a Technologist. Our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. Our goal is to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients' expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost effective and accessible manner.
Sharp Grossmont's Nuclear Medicine Department has two cameras; both cameras are ADAC Vertex Plus. We also have a Philips Gemini TF16 slice PETCT scanner located at the Out Patient Imaging Center which is operated by the Sharp Grossmont technologists. We work with both In-patients and Out-patients and perform a wide variety of studies, including Cardiac exams.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and PETCT imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Lead Nuclear Medicine/Radiation Custodian