Lead Pharmacy Technician
Job ID: 104363 Date posted: September 10, 2020
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Day Job
The Lead Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacy Director / Manager in providing pharmaceutical services that supports the mission, values and philosophy of Pharmacy Services and Sharp HealthCare. Works in partnership with the Director / Manager and pharmacist supervisors, in support of day-to-day operational supervision of the Pharmacy Technician staff. Has responsibility for ongoing performance improvement projects. Provides operational, developmental, and quality assurance / improvement support for technician programs.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current unencumbered CA Pharm Tech license
- Three (3) years’ current experience in hospital pharmacy environment or equivalent healthcare setting required.
- Minimum two (2) years in a supervisory role preferred.
- Computer skills highly desirable, especially in the application of pharmacy computer systems (e.g. Carecast, Pyxis, PDX), word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: pharmacy technician jobs in San Diego
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”