Lead Radiologic TechnologistSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75839 Date posted 09/07/2016
Requisition ID: 75839
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Radiology Diagnostic
- Category: Radiology Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Evening Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 3 PM
- Shift End Time: 11:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, CA in San Diego County
8-hour shifts; full-time PM shift position to work 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; every other weekend; call is required
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology required
- Current CRT, Fluoroscopy and ARRT in radiology required
- Current CPR and IV certification required
- Four (4) years’ Rad Tech experience required
- Working knowledge of all Radiology exams and experience with PACS system required
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience/skills in a Radiology environment required
- Proven skills to problem solve at a complex and department-wide level preferred
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills required
Ensures high level of customer service and efficient department operations. Maintains knowledge of current department protocols and assures all documentation and tracking is completed on a daily basis. Responsible for appropriate staffing levels of personnel. Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies. Assists Manager/Supervisor with human resource issues including performance appraisals, coaching and corrective action. Ensures production of high quality images. Practice and adhere to radiation protection requirements and infection control guidelines. Able to concentrate on task at hand, consistently follow procedures, demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation and maintain an atmosphere of professionalism. Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety and compliance regulations, guidelines and procedures.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s Imaging Services department provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community. This dynamic and versatile imaging department includes radiology, CT and MRI scanning, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, ultrasound and CT/PET imaging. Staff employs the most advanced radiology and diagnostic technologies in both an inpatient and outpatient environment. The Radiology Team has a commitment to excellence in patient care and work in a collaborative team environment. Employees include licensed technologist, RN’s, imaging assistants and administrative support staff.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Radiologic Tech, Lead Radiologic Tech