Licensed Vocational Nurse - Family/Internal Medicine
Job ID: 101580 Date posted: March 06, 2020
- SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- Family/Internal Medicine
- LVN Jobs
- Day Job
Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides primary and specially nursing care to our patient population. LVN Nurses will escort patients to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Family Practice consists of 52 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 9 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, with 22 locations offering services such as primary and specialty care, laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, pharmacy and urgent care.
Founded in 1923, Sharp Rees-Stealy was San Diego’s first multispecialty medical group. Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group has more than 500 physicians, 100 advanced practice providers and 2,800 staff members representing virtually every field of medicine and are dedicated to delivering the extraordinary level of caring called ‘The Sharp Experience’. ‘The Sharp Experience’ combines clinical excellence, advanced technology and patient- and family-centered care.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical area
- Family Medicine and/or Internal Medicine experience
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of sterile techniques
- Ambulatory care experience
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”