Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team will provides nursing care to our patient population. Our LVN Nurses will escort patients to exam rooms, conduct patient intake, assist with exams, while providing customer service to patients and their families. Our LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Sharp Grossmont Care Clinic will be a walk-in urgent care clinic for patients to receive medical care. Our patient care team will also support our chronic disease management program in collaboration with our pharmacy team.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa (San Diego), CA
Per Diem positoin - 8 hour shift between 8:00am - 9:30pm
Every other weekend shift requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corpsman School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing – LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current IV/Blood Withdrawal certification
- One year LVN experience in related clinical area
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year current Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Triage, experience, or Ambulatory care
- Acute care experience
- Experience with EKG and Phlebotomy
- Experience with providing customer service to patients and family members
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.