Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 74278 Date posted 06/16/2016
Requisition ID: 74278
- Facility: Sharp HospiceCare
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Hospice Continuous Care
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 11 PM
- Shift End Time: 7 AM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift, Full-time, variable, working every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current California driver’s license and auto insurance
- Two years recent Hospice and Palliative Care experience
- Skilled Care LVN experience
- Flexibility and strong critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills and efficient use of EMR
- Efficient time management skills and flexibility
- Ability to work in a completely automated environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Acute Care LVN experience
This position provides 'shift crisis care' to patients in their homes. Shifts can vary, i.e.: days, pms, or nights as availability dictates. The LVN will be managing patient's symptoms related to the terminal diagnosis and medication administration as applicable. The LVN will be working closely with patients and families at end of life. This position offers the opportunity to be cross trained to additional areas.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro, and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes – staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses – provide a comfortable and supportive environment for four to six patients at one time in each home.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Hospice