Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76874 Date posted 10/22/2016
Requisition ID: 76874
- Facility: SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Family Practice
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
- Mondays 10:45 to 7:45
- Tuesdays 7:45 to 4:45
- Wednesdays 8:45 to 5:45
- Thursdays 7:45 to 4:45
- Fridays 8:45 to 5:45
Some Saturdays required.
Hours subject to change based on the needs of the provider and department.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corps School
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical setting
- Experience with Touchworks or comparable electronic medical records system
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be flexible and very organized
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Family Practice experience
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The position will ensure smooth patient flow and clinic operation providing exceptional customer experience for every patient every time. The LVN places patients in exam rooms, prepares them for exam, assists with minor office procedures; prepares charts and documents care; administers medications and screening exams.
The Family Practice Department consists of 46 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our patients and is located at 12 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Carmel Valley, Chula Vista, Del Mar, Downtown, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Physician Office, Ambulatory Care, Family, Medicine, Practice, Healthcare, Corpsman