Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 83047 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp HospiceCare
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Hospice Admin
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shifts, Per Diem, variable, working weekends as needed, holiday rotation
(Full-time position, hours, and benefits may be available. Inquire during interview.)
Primary need on days; occasional need on evenings/nights.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- 1 year recent LVN experience
- Strong computer skills and efficient use of EMR
- Knowledge of the nursing process
- Ability to perform all baseline clinical nursing interventions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: team work, problem solving and critical thinking
- Efficient time management skills, flexibility
- Fluent knowledge of English, both verbal and written.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years acute care hospital LVN experience
- Hospice experience
The LVN performs evaluation and interventions of pain and symptom management
and provides care at end of life based on the existing plan of care. The LVN collaborates with hospice IDT to ensure effective and safe patient care is implemented. As a member of the Hospice Team, this position will be in a unique position to assist patients and their families clarify goals of care and navigate through the health care system during the end of life journey. This is your opportunity to make a difference for patients at the end of life.
In your role as a hospice visiting nurse, you will perform physical evaluations, obtain physician orders and be a resource for your patients. Be able to support the family unit and effectively communicate changes in patient status as they occur. Ongoing application of the nursing process, through interdisciplinary approach, promoting effective end-of-life palliative care
This position may require the candidate to be cross-trained to additional areas such as continuous care, nursing call center, and/or intake.
Sharp Hospice Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and compassionate support to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses, along with their families and friends. Services range from relief of physical discomfort to emotional and spiritual support. Sharp Hospice Care also provides “pre-hospice” home based palliative care consultation for patients with advanced illness such as heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia. Sharp Hospice Care is part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital, nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices.
Sharp Hospice Care provides in-home services and also provides the region’s first freestanding hospice homes, LakeView Home in La Mesa, ParkView Home in Del Cerro and BonitaView Home in Bonita which offer end-of-life patients an alternative to nursing home placement. The homes – staffed 24 hours a day by licensed nurses – provide a comfortable and supportive environment for up to four patients at one time in each home.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse-LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Hospice, Palliative, Acute, Hospital, Job, Jobs