Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 85191 Date posted 01/08/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Psych Acute
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - Variable start and stop times of shift
Weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year or more recent employment experience as an LVN in an acute care inpatient hospital psychiatric setting for adults
- Demonstrated use of crisis intervention skills, teamwork and communication skills in the management of care for high level acuity psychiatric patients in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated good computer skills
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills involving the use of critical thinking
The Licensed Vocational Nurse – LVN performs individualized nursing care for patients/families under the direction of an RN. Uses and practices basic assessment data collection, participates in planning, executes interventions in accordance with the Plan Of Care and contributes to evaluation of outcomes. Communicates to ensure patient/family educated Plan of Care and planned treatments.
The FOCUS program is a 10 bed unit and part of 46 beds Inpatient Psychiatric Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. This unit is specially designed for short-term crisis intervention, to help educate patients and families about their illness, and facilitate reintegration back into the community. A multidisciplinary team provides a sage, friendly and professional caring environment. The Sharp Grossmont Behavioral Health team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes nurses, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage family therapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists and case managers.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Corpsman, Psychiatric, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs