Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVNJob ID 85996 Date posted 02/08/2018
- Facility: SRS E.Grossmont Medical Plaza
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Pediatrics
- Category: LVN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
10 hour shift position:
- Monday and Thursday – 8:00am – 6:30pm
- Tuesday and Friday – 9:00am – 7:30pm
- 3rd Saturday each month – 8:00am – 6:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program/school or Navy Corps School
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nurse-LVN licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Pediatrics experience
- One to three years LVN experience in related clinical area
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills and nursing judgment
- Excellent organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ambulatory care/Physician office experience
This is an opportunity to work in a busy fast paced Pediatrics clinic. Our LVN - Licensed Vocational Nursing team provides nursing care to our pediatric patient population. LVN Nurses will escort patients and their families to their exam rooms, prepares patients for their exam, and assist with procedures. LVN Nurses will also document care in our electronic medical records and maintain supplies and equipment.
The Department of Pediatrics consists of 26 providers on our staff to help meet the needs of our younger patients and is located at 8 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Carmel Valley, Del Mar, La Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 450 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Corpsman, Family Practice, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Primary Care, Healthcare LVN jobs, LVN San Diego jobs, Nurse jobs, Nurse San Diego jobs, Nursing jobs, San Diego Nursing jobs, LPN jobs, Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego LPN jobs, San Diego Licensed Practical Nursing jobs, San Diego Healthcare jobs, San Diego Licensed Vocational Nursing jobs