The Licensed Vocational Nurse – LVN performs individualized nursing care for patients/families under the direction of an RN. Uses and practices basic assessment data collection, participates in planning, executes interventions in accordance with the Plan Of Care and contributes to evaluation of outcomes. Communicates to ensure patient/family educated Plan of Care and planned treatments.
The Medical Psychiatric Program (MPP) is a 12 bed open unit and part of 46 beds Inpatient Psychiatric Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. This unit is designed for adults who have both medical and psychological diagnoses requiring 24-hour skilled nursing inpatient assistance. The unique strength of this program comes from combining physical and psychological care in one setting and best serve the needs of persons with a primary psychiatric diagnosis, who also have additional medical complications.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem - 8 hour - Variable shift
Every other weekend shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program or Navy Corpsman school
- Current unencumbered California Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year of recent acute care experience
- One year or more recent employment experience as an LVN in an acute care inpatient hospital psychiatric/behavioral health setting for adults
- Demonstrated use of crisis intervention skills, teamwork and communication skills in the management of care for high level acuity psychiatric patients in a fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.