Manager LaboratoryJob ID 85451 Date posted 01/19/2018
- Facility: Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- City: La Mesa
- Department: Lab Clinical Services
- Category: Laboratory Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County
This is a Full-time (1.0) position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education in a medical technology related science or equivalent to facilitate qualification for CA State CLS board examination
- Successful completion of a training program approved by the California State Department of Health and/or the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist licensure
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a clinical laboratory
- Minimum of four (4) years’ supervisory experience in a clinical or hospital laboratory
- Effective interpersonal skills; oral, written and presentation
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare concise, accurate reports
- Knowledge and comprehension of current matters related to healthcare business management, including quality assurance, performance management and financial analysis
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists and/or National Certification Agency
The Manager Laboratory provides the technical knowledge, expertise and professional judgment required to support the mission of Sharp HealthCare (SHC) and scope of laboratory services. Responsible for operations, finances and human resource management for the laboratory department. Coordinates initiatives with system lab leadership and other service lines.
Sharp Grossmont Laboratory is a large state-of-the-art clinical laboratory that supports a 536-bed hospital with Oncology, Women’s Services, Behavioral Health and the busiest emergency department in San Diego. Lab disciplines include Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Pathology and Blood Bank. The laboratory has an extensive Outreach program that is supported by three outpatient service centers. Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! We have empowered our team to create innovative ways of providing patient-centered care, such as incorporating aromatherapy and hand massage into our practice to create a healing environment for our Phlebotomy patients. These innovative services have received numerous awards from our organization and Planetree. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 536-beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Lab, CLS, MT, MLS, General, Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Transfusion, Medical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist, Leadership, Management, Supervisor, Supervisory, ASCP