Manager LDR/OR/PACU | Sharp Grossmont Hospital | Relocation Assistance | Sign-on Bonus Eligible
- Grossmont Hospital
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
We are Sharp
Our Mission and Values
At Sharp, our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We aim to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients’ expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
We have a vision to transform the health care experience through a culture of caring, quality, safety, service, innovation and excellence. Our goal is to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Our team members are the driving force behind our mission and vision. At Sharp, we’re focused on providing an environment that will meet the needs of both our patients and our employees. Our team members are encouraged to connect with their passions and recommit to the purpose of their work each day.
dental and more
Our flexible benefits include a choice of two HMO medical plans (both of which include vision), two PPO dental choices, flexible spending accounts, accident insurance, long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
holiday and sick leave
We offer one of the most generous plans among health care systems in San Diego, and new Sharp employees start with 25 days of paid time off in just the first year.
We focus on your overall well-being by giving you tools to improve both yourself and your life — mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. Our focus is on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
At Sharp, we understand that personal problems occasionally arise and you may need to seek outside professional advice. We’re here to help. Our employee assistance program helps employees develop and maintain a lifestyle that supports good health and productivity.
We’re proud to offer two retirement plans to match your needs. The Sharp$aver 401(a) plan matches your after-tax contributions and the 403(b) plan offers a long-term savings plan for pre-tax and Roth contributions with available loan and withdrawal provisions.
and tuition reimbursement
We support and encourage the growth and development of our employees through educational courses for credit in institutions of higher learning, continuing education programs (conferences, workshops, seminars) and specialty certification examinations.
perks and other benefits
Our employees are eligible to participate in several group voluntary benefit plans — including group legal, college savings, critical illness insurance, group auto and home insurance and pet insurance.
Shift Start Time:Not Specified
Shift End Time:Not Specified
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:Not Specified
What You Will Do
Supervises staff, including hiring, coaching and counseling, and assuring performance appraisals are complete. Assures productivity and quality of care are tracked and maintained. Collaborates with Director, with Interdisciplinary Team to standardize, update and/or maintain policies and procedures, as well as with operational planning and provides daily work direction to achieve unit level of care and organizational objectives. Contributes to budget development and maintains responsibility for achieving budgetary objectives. Assures quality of care and compliance with Internal Standards and regulatory accreditation bodies. Collaborates with marketing and community care departments regarding the development, marketing, and implementation and evaluation of programs as appropriate. Assures 24 hour responsibility and accountability for unit/units supervised. Participates as directed in the annual operational planning process. Executes priorities to ensure implementation of operation plan within the work units. Promotes staff accountability and empowerment through formal and informal mechanisms. Outcome of work include quality improvement, service satisfaction, and fiscal balance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 3 Years clinical experience required in relevant area of responsibility.
- 2 Years progressive management experience.
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing -REQUIRED
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- Master's Degree - MS, MSN, or MBA.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - Various-Employee provides certificate -PREFERRED
- Service: Holds self and others accountable for meeting customer satisfaction goals for assigned units or departments Leads action team in problem solving and innovating to improve customer satisfaction.
- Quality: Holds self and others accountable for the quality of patient care delivered and for operational excellence for assigned units or departments. Establishes specific quality goal, connecting the vision to the necessary actions and long term strategies.
- People: Establishes and hold self and others accountable to meeting goals related to developing an effective workforce within assigned departments or units. Leads initiative that results in improved teamwork and/or building more effective relationships
- Financial: Accountable for unit’s financial goals as agreed upon with supervisor related to: expense per unit of service, productivity, salary dollars, supply costs, etc. Recognizes and initiates opportunities for improvement in the financial performance of the units or departments.
- Community: Contributes to Sharp Healthcare’s organizational vision, mission, and values related to being a San Diego community partner. Recognizes opportunities for community partnership and initiates evaluation of benefits, costs and desired outcomes.
- Growth: Contributes to Sharp healthcare’s goal to achieve consistent net growth as it relates to Women’s Services. Collaborates with Director to identify areas for market share growth and continued service line development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead large, diverse, multidisciplinary teams, history of successful change implementation, demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills, and ability to interact productivity with varying levels of personnel staff.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classMaster's Degree; Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - Various-Employee provides certificate; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community